Cliff Bungalow Real Estate – Homes & Condos For Sale
Located in the south-western quarter of Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Cliff Bungalow is a densely populated inner city neighbourhood with roots in the Canadian Pacific Railway. As far back as the 1870s employees who worked for the railway lived on what was their private land. It took six years, from 1906 until 1912 for the land to be annexed to Calgary. The name Cliff Bungalow dates back to 1907, but was not officially used until the 1970s.
In 1935 Cliff Bungalow was rezoned as a high density residential area. Since then most of the buildings that went up were of the multi-family variety. Over 88 percent of the housing inventory is either apartments or condominiums. Over 80 percent of homes are rentals.
The Elbow River makes up the southern border, Uptown 17th Avenue is to the north and 4th Street SW frames the east. Cliff St SW makes up the western edge. Only two blocks wide, 5th Street SW bisects the neighbourhood. Nearby schools include Montessori, Our Lady of Lourdes and Western Canada High.
The closest shops and restaurants are along 4th Street SW. This centrally located neighbourhood is close to the Holy Cross Surgical Services, Talisman Centre and roughly a mile from the Calgary Stampede grounds.